Friday, August 23, 2013

Birthday card inspiration

Happy Friday!  I'm sharing the birthday card I gave to my sisters for their birthdays yesterday (yes, twins). I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest that used a different color scheme and flower stamps. 

To make this card, I took some scrap paper, punched out different sized circles, and used the paper as a mask.  I then got my sponge daubers inked up in the 3 colors, and filled in the circles onto the white layer.  I added a mix of butterflies in black overlapping the colorful polka dots after they dried.

Try this idea with favorite image stamps and your own color scheme.  I think it would be cute with some blue tones and snowflakes, or purple and orange with some Halloween bats.  :)

Stamps:  Perfectly Penned, and butterflies from  Best of Butterflies and Papillion Potpourri
Color scheme:  Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Pool Party
Other:  The world's best bling for some sparkle

Current hostess code if you order these or other supplies online and want to join my party is MEK2FMWT



  1. This is an awesome idea and I am going to take your suggestion and try it with the snowflakes. Hope your sisters had a happy birthday and enjoyed their cards.

  2. Hi girly! gosh this is fun, I love those colors together and the black stamping really pops! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I sure hope you are well:) *hugs*


Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)